Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Can You Tell What I Ate Today?

The older Canon gets, the more active he gets. While he would once sit calmly in my lap and just look around, he now loves to twist, kick, bounce, and - my favorite - pull hair! He's trying to sit up on his own, but he moves so much that he usually knocks himself over with excitement. He's bumped his head a few times but nothing major. I read in my "Week-by-week" book that babies around this age tend to get more bruises. Hmmmm . . . I hope they didn't do too much research on that phenomenon.
Canon's sitting behavior is not the only thing that has been effected by his new active nature. It has spread to his eating behavior as well. My once calm, clean eater has become a distracted, messy - I guess normal - baby. These pictures illustrate what I am trying to say.


And yes, the white stuff in the second picture is vomit!

Basically, what used to take five minutes to do, now takes at least fifteen. Canon turns in his seat to see the television. His hands end up in his mouth at least once before the meal is over . . . then, of course, into his hair. I spill a couple of spoonfuls on the table, or sometimes in Canon's lap. He grabs the spoon or the bowl, and when I try to pull them away, more spills occur. I've tried giving him another spoon to hold onto (thanks for that tip, Mandy), but he sticks the handle in his mouth, which gags him, which causes a bigger mess.


At least he helps me clean up afterwards!
After this particular meal, I decided a bath was more than necessary. Canon loves Bath Time, and this one was especially fun. I tried to make a bubble bath, but he got so excited kicking and slapping the water that most of the bubbles either dissolved or were splashed out. I wish I had gotten a video of it, but hopefully these pictures will suffice.


This has definitely been an exciting phase in Canon's life and a learning experience for me. I'm not used to dealing with such a hyper child. Canon has always been so laid back, relaxed, and observant. He's still pretty laid back, just with an extra jolt of energy. He's having so much fun, it's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment