Thursday, July 22, 2010

Child Prodigy

MyGoo and Doc have been working for some time (I'm talking years) to clean out their attic space upstairs. Each of the four siblings have had to take their turn going through boxes and bags of memories to separate the junk from the keepsakes. My turn was last summer, but thankfully, MyGoo and Doc know me better than I know myself. They saved a precious object of which I had completely forgotten - my keyboard.

I took piano lessons for several years in my younger years, and I received my keyboard as a gift during some point in that phase. It's a pretty nice one, too. I say "nice" because it has lots of buttons and lots of different sound options. Basically, you can make the keys sound like all of the instruments I've ever heard of . . . and many I have not.

Barry and I have played music for Canon since we brought him home from the hospital. Both of us want him to have a hearty appreciation for it. So, when MyGoo and Doc reminded me of my keyboard when I was in Greenville recently, I was so excited. I knew that I would find plenty of time to play with it, but I was also excited that Canon could experiment a little as well. He had his first try at it today, and while his attention span didn't last more than two minutes at a time, he returned to the keyboard several times to push the keys (and the many buttons!).

This very short video will give you a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment