Monday, December 6, 2010

Checking a New Box

Barry has been joking on some of our "older" friends for a couple of years now that they check a different box than we do. You know the box I'm talking about . . . the one that says "30, with children." Well, the box welcomed me today. I have officially reached a new decade. Fortunately, it all happened amidst several friends who were also turning 30, though none of them have kids (yet). Sam, JD, Matt, and I all have birthdays within a few days of each other. Since we have a large group of mutual friends, we decided to have a joint birthday party last weekend in Birmingham. Our loving spouses organized the whole thing, and we were surrounded by tons of people we knew and loved . . . and maybe a few we'd never seen before! Of course, the good birthday girl left her camera in the cold car, and I still haven't managed to swindle photographs from the others at the party. I'll post them as soon as I get them.
I got another celebration in Dothan amidst several friends also celebrating birthdays in December. Mary, Tuan, Brandon, Jessica, and I all have birthdays within about two weeks of each other, so we try to do something fun every year. This year, Leah organized a dinner for us at Kyoto. It was so relaxing and just fun to get together with everyone. We usually get together once or twice a month, but usually at someone's house. It's just easier that way with so many kids. Being out at a restaurant was a nice change, especially when Barry took our ferociously fussy son home early because we just couldn't manage to make him happy. He's a good husband . . . and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment