Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Reason to Celebrate

Let the heaven's rejoice, and the earth be happy! Let the nations say, "The Lord reigns!" Let the sea and everything in it shout! Let the fields and everything in them celebrate! 1 Chronicles 16:31-32

Day of Life: 29

There are many reasons to celebrate today. First, Tera is one month old! We've made it through our first four weeks and still (surprisingly) in good spirits.


Second, Tera's head IV got removed today. When the nurse went to flush it, the IV leaked so it was moved to her arm.


Another celebration: Tera's urine culture came back with low numbers for infection, so it seems her sample was just contaminated. Her antibiotics have been stopped and, for now, she does not seem to be the least bit sick.


Tera was very active today. Even in her sleep, she would scoot herself over the hump in her bed.


She also spent a lot of time kicking her feet and moving them around to help her find a comfortable position.


You know how much I love her feet!


I still wasn't comfortable enough to hold or touch her. Though my pink eye is no longer contagious, I wanted to give it at least one more day to heal. So, instead I just took lots of pictures. I didn't even read to her today. Just enjoyed being around her. One last thing to celebrate is that Tera gained 10 more grams, which is almost half an ounce. She's still at 2 pounds 13 ounces, but we're slowly moving up.

What About Barry and Canon

Barry left work early to pick up Canon and started heading north. He met MyGoo in Prattville (she had come to visit me and Tera in Birmingham for a few hours and was on her way back to Greenville) where they made the swap. Canon went on to Greenville with MyGoo. There he got yet another birthday present, a water table shaped like a pirate ship. I'll be sure to post pictures whenever I get some. Between that and the Toy Story Hot Wheels Nonna and Poppa got him, we're going to have a lot of fun this summer!


Barry came on to Birmingham where we joined some friends for dinner. We've got an early morning ahead of us. I'm going to the gym for the first time in quite awhile, and we've got to be back at Lydia's early enough for Barry to get ready to leave for his meeting in Nashville. Don't worry . . . I promise to take it easy.

2 comments:

  1. Happy One Month Birthday Tera!! Keep growing and getting stronger so you can come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy One Month B'day! I've been catching up on your blog and glad Tera is doing better and better! Sidenote: my mom-in-law (Melissa Jackson) gave me your blog address and also, I'm the Brooke who lives across the street from you :) Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys!

    ReplyDelete