Thursday, June 9, 2011

Already Catching Up!

It started out as a lazy day. After the boys left to start their day, neither Tera nor I was too interested in doing anything exciting. We spent the first half of the morning watching Lifetime and doing little more than this:

Tera eventually woke up, so I decided to let her have some Tummy Time. I have to be really strategic with Tummy Time. If it's too soon after she eats, then she ends up with a face covered in spit up. Because she's usually asleep until just before she eats, we don't get that many opportunities so I decided to take advantage of her early rising this morning.

She was very active, kicking and grabbing at her blanket. I looked away for a short moment, and when I looked back, she was laying on her back. I didn't think too much of it. She is on a bed, and I thought maybe I had put a little extra weight on one side of her, causing her to roll over using none of her own effort. So, I put her back on her tummy. In less than a minute, Tera had her arm under her head, and she was kicking her feet trying to get back over to face the ceiling. I grabbed my phone and got a video, but the website is not letting me upload it at this time. Basically, it looks like Tera riding an invisible bicycle. Hilarious!

Once she got over the second time, I tried it again (just to be sure), and she did it a third time! Can you believe it? This is a 2- to 3-month old skill that she's technically done at less than two weeks old. I don't want to be too over zealous, so I'm going to assume that this was just a fluke, just a really good day when Tera had a lot of motivation to get off her belly. But it's still pretty exciting!

And now, she's completely worn out.




No comments:

Post a Comment