Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lots of Stuff Worth Remembering

Over the last few days there have been lots of things worth writing about, so I'm just going to put them all in one short (yeah, right) post. First is the fact that we have gotten all of the babies together so much recently. Colt was Christened at church on October 11, and Josh and Mary had lots of people over for lunch. Of course, the moms wanted a picture with all the babies in attendance. I normally wouldn't do this, but I really wanted Canon to be in the picture . . . so I got him out of the pack n' play (where he was napping) and joined the group. He slept right through it, so I didn't feel that bad afterward.


Shortly after this experience, most of the babies were together again just for fun. Mrs. Sharon was unexpectedly out of town and Mary was home sick. Though I was back in school after Fall Break for Parent-Teacher Conferences, I cut out early to take care of the little boogers. Alicia was so sweet to keep Colt and Canon (and Ava) while I met with my last parent. I was only gone for about an hour, but 3:1 odds for any amount of time is never ideal. Thankfully, all three were pretty well-behaved and Alicia didn't have any problems. We called Mandy to bring Luke over and spent the rest of the afternoon chasing Luke as he crawled all over the house, tending to Canon's bruises from falling over, and rotating Colt and Ava from floor to jumperoo to chair . . . and repeat. It really was a fun afternoon.

This weekend we all got together again to watch some college football. This is Colt and Canon with Lola. She helped out a lot by entertaining the babies.


We had a really fun weekend with Canon. His upper gums are swollen and he's been pretty fussy, so I'm thinking a 3rd and 4th tooth are on their way in. We broke out the teething ring, which he loves. He also loves to chew on his Alabama pacifier.

And I have to mention Canon and Barry's new trick. Barry took Canon to the nursery this morning while I checked him in. When I walked in the nursery to drop off his bag, Barry called to me from across the room to "Watch this! Watch this!" He then held Canon's feet and balanced him in the air. Canon shrieked with glee - he loves everything Barry does! After church, Barry and Canon practiced their new trick every chance they could - in the parking lot, in the bedroom, in the kitchen. Barry made me take a picture, then spent the next twenty minutes on the computer looking at it and giggling with delight. Of course, I have to share.

Don't worry. He didn't almost drop him in the second picture - though it looks like he could have.

Finally, it is with great sadness that I report that Canon is turning into a little boy. I know he's technically still a baby, but he doesn't seem like it anymore. I put him in a t-shirt and blue jeans the other day and felt a slight twinge when I realized how much he has grown.

Because it has gotten so cool down here in the last couple of days, I went shopping for some warmer clothes. I had to go to the Toddler section. It's so strange to buy him pants and shirts rather than onesies. Barry and I can see in his behavior that he is so ready to grow up. Though he's still very mellow and content, we can tell how eager he is to move around more easily on his own. He is just learning to go from laying down to sitting up, and he's regularly rocking on his hands and knees. He just can't quite figure out how to move forward (though moving backward is as natural as drooling to him!). It won't be long now . . .

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely some stuff to remember! Tell Barry I love his new trick. Did he learn that from watching Hays balance the dollar sign last week??

    ReplyDelete