Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Word from Canon

Mom is always hogging the computer, so I never get to write anything. She's watching a Sunday Night Movie Special now, so I thought I could squeeze in a quick word or two.

Just wanted to let you know about my first week in Winfield with Nonna and Poppa. Mom and Dad were coming to the lake two weekends in a row, so Nonna and Poppa convinced them to let me hang out with them in between. I have stayed away from Mom and Dad once before when they went to Mexico, so I really wasn't very nervous. I communicate very clearly for a six-month-old. All I do is open my mouth and whine, and someone will eventually shove a bottle in. How hard can it be, really? Anyway, more about my week in Winfield. What a week it was! There was never a dull moment.
Aunt Leslie and Uncle Grant spent the night with us to practice for my future cousin, Xan. Uncle Grant fed me, and Aunt Leslie bathed me. I tried to make it easy on them by smiling a lot and not peeing on anything. I'm even pretending to be almost asleep here. Man, I'm good!
I had to make Uncle Grant feel good, too!

Look! I'm almost as big as Aunt Leslie!!

I also got to meet lots of Nonna and Poppa's friends. Nonna took me to lunch with all of her lady friends. I can't be sure, but I'm almost positive I'm the only boy that's been to one of these things in quite some time. I tried to make sure Nonna didn't regret taking me. Here I am flirting with the lady across from me.

Nonna also took me to Poppa's office everyday. I loved riding on Poppa's shoulders.


This is me with Mrs. Carol and also with Mr. Robert and Mrs. Camille. I've met them all before, so it was nice to see more familiar faces.


What else? I went for a walk with Mrs. Carol and Nonna in the park. And Poppa wrestled with me on the floor all the time. He would let me lay in bed with him, and I would just crawl all over him. I think he was surprised at how strong I was. It really wore me out, but I tried not to let him see.
Mom & Dad warned me this would happen! But don't I look cute!?!

It was such a fun week. When we met back up with Mom and Dad at the lake, they couldn't stop looking at me. I must have grown a lot. Now, I'm finally back home. I hope Mom and Dad can keep up with Nonna and Poppa's pace - never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment