Monday, March 22, 2010

You Should See the Other Guy

I just had to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the dozens of bumps and bruises that Canon has developed over the last several months.

This is probably the most he's ever had at one time. When this picture was taken, he had a large bump and bruise on his forehead, a bruise on the side of his nose that could pass for a black eye, a bruise on his cheek, and a cut under his nose from being wiped too many times. Also note the pink spots on his arm. Who knows where those came from?

This is just a different view of the previously mentioned injuries. My theory is that he rarely closes his mouth because his face is too swollen from all of his falls.

The yellow-ish tint of this forehead bruise makes me think it must be healing.
He must have scratched his other eye on his own in this picture because I'm pretty sure he's only had one black eye so far.
And let's not forget the ultimate injury - the ever-famous Road Rash. This one will live on forever.

Of course, there are so many other permanent records of this poor child's tormented first year, but I'm starting to second-guess my competence as a parent so I'll stop here. I'm sure there will be more to report in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment