Friday, March 12, 2010

Birthday Blues

As I looked back at all of Canon's birthday pictures, I realized how sad he looked in most of them. I think it was mostly due to exhaustion, but it made me sad to see how depressing his birthday seemed. I've shared plenty of pictures so you'll know what I mean.


The day started off easy enough. Canon was his usual groggy self. Because of a late-night work engagement the night before, I wasn't able to give him a bath, so we took one first thing. He loves bath time, but morning baths usually go very quickly. He stays hovered down over the water because he's so cold.


Then it was off to see Mrs. Sharon, and then to Mother's Morning Out. I sent cupcakes to MMO so that Canon could celebrate with all the kids in his class. I should mention at this point that Canon is still taking a morning and an afternoon nap. Because he is in a class with older children who stay there all day, they don't take a morning nap. So on MMO days, Canon is usually asleep on the floor when Mrs. Sharon goes to pick him up. Today, however, because of the birthday party, he fell asleep somewhere else. I'll let the pictures tell the story.


Poor Colt felt so bad for him - probably because he was just as tired.

It really makes me sad to look at these pictures, but it's also kind of hilarious!

The rest of the day was much of the same. We went to Toy R Us to pick up a present from MyGoo and Doc. The cashier was very nice, and when she found out it was his birthday, she gave him a big green balloon. That seemed to cheer him up.

I guess Canon really does love his daddy the most because we went to the Red Elephant that night for dinner, the same place we ate for Barry's birthday last month. Of course, lots of friends joined us, and we had a great time. The women ate the complimentary Elephant Ear that they serve for birthdays. Canon didn't seem to mind.
Finally, it was off to bed to rest up for the big party tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment