Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Best Mother's Day

Day of Life: 75

Plain and simple, today was a great day. Usually my weekends involve me stressing about how much time to spend with the boys vs. how much time to spend with Tera. This weekend, things just keep falling into place.

Barry and Canon took me to eat at Another Broken Egg in Moutain Brook this morning. It was a little crowded, so we ended up sitting at the bar with Canon swapping between our laps. Breakfast for Lunch was delicious! I had Cinnamon Roll French Toast with cream cheese icing and covered in Banana Foster's sauce. Yu-uh-uh-my!

After lunch, we went back to Lydia's house to get the guys packed up for their trip home. Barry needs to get an early start tomorrow, so they were going to get on the road as soon as possible. While I got their things ready to go, Barry went to the hospital to spend some time with Tera. The plan was for me to call him when I got to the hospital, and he would come down to drive Canon home. When Canon and I got to the hospital, we found out we had some surprise visitors from Dothan - the Hesters! Their son, Josh, graduated from UAB this weekend, and they wanted to come by to visit Tera before heading home. Instead of meeting us at the car, Canon and I went upstairs to visit for a few minutes. I'm so glad for the change of plans. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten this picture of me with both of my children on Mother's Day.

I also got some individual shots of each one.

Barry and Canon left after this. I think this was the hardest it's been to say good-bye. We really had such a great time together this weekend. Though we can never be too sure, it does feel like this chapter in our lives might be coming to a close soon.

After they left, Tera's nurse was so sweet to take pictures of me holding Tera.

I gave Tera her 2:30 bottle. She is now taking 50cc, and starting tomorrow she will be "ad lib." This means that she can eat as much or as little as she wants. She didn't gain any weight last night. She still weighs 5 pounds 14 ounces (2690 ounces). The nurse last night recorded that she had 3 bradies in the night, but when her nurse today looked back at the monitors to see when they happened, nothing showed up in her history. I'm not sure if the nurse meant to mark the "de-sats" box (it's right below the "brady" box) or if her heartrate didn't drop long enough for the monitor to pick it up, but she still wanted to make a record of it. I'll have to check into that.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with Tera, staying long enough to give her the 5:30 bottle before going back to Lydia's.

She's really outgrowing this Isolette.

Once I knew that Canon and Barry had made it back home safely, I went to bed a little earlier than usual. I still don't feel caught up on my lost sleep last week, and quality naps don't seem to be an option for me these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment